Fwd: goodbye Mark

From: Alessandro Beber


I was shocked to hear Mark Kennedy passed away yesterday...
My thoughts are with his wife Arlene, and all his friends.
I first met Mark at my very first origami convention, in Florence, Italy, in 2002. I was just 10, and spoke no English yet, but never forgot this funny gentle American man, and was so proud to wear one of his pins!
Then, Mark and Arlene were in Italy again in 2012, at the convention in Vicenza, and we travelled together to Munich, Germany, for the 10th OrigamiTag, where I had the chance to know them better. One photo is from that time.
And then I was lucky enough to join their famous Fold&Feed last summer, after the 2017 OrigamiUSA convention! I had a great time there, and was really wishing and hoping for many more times together in the future, somewhere around this origami world!
It's hard to describe such a special person in words, but I'm sure he left something important and strong in everybody who had the chance to meet him. He will not be forgotten!
Goodbye Mark.

Alessandro Beber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[EXTERNAL] -Photos for Mark