Mark Kennedy at the 1992 Origami Convention

Mark was a wonderfully generous person. His folding lives on in the box of models he sent to me back in 1991 which I display when I go to teach origami at schools. I loved talking with Mark and trying to memorize the rapid fire jokes he would tell.  The final fold of Mark's magnificent legacy is now complete but his gift to the world lives on every time someone folds his creations.       

Steve and Jayne Richards
1932 St. Clair
Pekin, Illinois  61554

Comments

  1. So sad to hear- Mark and his wife, Arlene Gorchov, were such a great help during the folding exhibit, Above the Fold, at the Allentown Art Museum last year. Kids loved to fold with him. At one folding session a parent whispered to me, "They think he's a wizard." I keep one of his folded dragons on my desk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[EXTERNAL] -Photos for Mark