Reminiscences of Mark

Hello!

My name is Brian Yoon, currently a high school student who folds origami. I am very sad to hear that he passed away. 

I first met Mark at a fold and feast where did not know anyone attending. Mark was the first person to set out a chair for me and invited me to fold with him. I really appreciated his thoughtful gesture as it made me feel welcomed and allowed me to experience the generosity of the origami community. 

I still remember that night when he taught me his signature origami dragon. He folded one out of a colorful blue paper while I followed suit with a red piece of paper. It was such a marvelous fold and I enjoyed folding it tremendously. While Mark also taught me how to fold a spinning top and a clown, I really enjoyed the dragon. I still have it up on display in my bedroom! I am very sad to hear that he passed, but I am also very glad to have had the pleasure to make his acquaintance.

I saw him again at the most recent fold and feast. It was very nice to see him again and I will miss him very much at future fold and feasts and at conventions as well. 

Thank you,
Brian 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[EXTERNAL] -Photos for Mark